Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Once again, the Big Guy is AMAZING!

I just got back to Swaziland after a quick trip to Johannesburg. I left early yesterday morning to go pick up some teaching aids that complete an expenditure of several thousand US dollars from USAID for Swaziland schools. I’m just the conduit here, the one organizing and trying to deliver what was purchased. This entire project has been very stressful for me for multiple reasons which I won’t go into and the pressure to get it finished before I return to the US for the holidays is huge. I left Swaziland Tuesday morning with the weight of picking up these items, wondering if they would fit into my car, worrying a bit about how I would get them through customs and back into Swaziland but also a bit excited to go on a road trip to Jo’burg. The Lord blessed every moment of this trip. The drive went without incident and traffic was very light. The teaching aids all fit into my car which was amazing. They fit absolutely perfectly. I was able to watch some CNN at Richard Bosart’s house and was treated to a great meal, as always. This morning Richard and I had a really good meeting with the Bishop who is retiring at the end of the year. He has been so supportive of me and my work in Swaziland. I felt a pressing need to meet with him before he leaves, and I am so glad by a small miracle he had time to meet with me. The trip back to Swaziland went fast, going through the borders was hassle free thanks to some help from one of the members of St. Paul’s who works in customs and I made it home just as it was getting dark. Perfect timing. I am sitting here amazed, though I don’t know why I should be so amazed, at God’s hand of protection, his perfect timing and the abundance of blessings he continues to bestow upon me for no reason. My heart is bursting with love and thanksgiving to my heavenly Father, and I couldn’t just sit here and keep it to myself. I had to share it with you. It’s my way of shouting from the mountain tops that God is Good, all the time, God is good and also of reminding myself to look for his blessings and not take them for granted or turn a blind eye to them.

No comments: