Monday, July 13, 2009

Gogo Mamba has passed away

I just found out this morning that the sweet "thousands and thousands" year old granny passed away and was buried sometime during this last week. I wrote about her on my June 11th blog when we took a blanket and some food out to her. We knew she wasn't well then and I obviously knew she was quite old, even if she wasn't thousands and thousands of years old. But I am saddened this morning to hear of her passing. It was such a blessing to meet her and to visit her twice. I am so glad that I listened to the Lord's voice to take her a blanket and took her one when I did so that at least in her last days she could be warm and comfortable wrapped in the big, soft, furry blanket. She blessed us much more than we blessed her.

A light has gone out in Swaziland, but I pray that another light will shine in her place to spread the love of Jesus. I thank God for the opportunity and honor to meet her and serve her. I pray that those who knew her and loved her are comforted by the love of Jesus during this time of mourning.

No comments: